- We provide you with a request form which details the tests done by the laboratory and the type of specimen to be collected for each test.
- Our tests are run on automated, semi-automated and manual testing analysers.
- We have the resources to run the request you are giving to us. Where we won’t be able to perform the test due to logistic reasons or need to seek a second opinion, your test would be out-sourced to our meticulously selected competent contractor.
- We declare that we have competent and committed staff as well as other resources needed to run the test you are submitting to us.
- I agree that the personal information provided on the request form is complete and accurate and not misleading and was provided voluntarily.
- I declare that failure to provide adequate information may lead to misinterpretation of my result by El-lab and my physician (requesting Practitioner)
- I understand that the personal information will be used by El-lab for:
- Performing and processing the tests documented on the El-lab request form.
- For the purposes of retaining patient information in line with the medical guidelines regarding administration.
- I consent that El-lab can disclose the personal information to the third parties (i.e. referring doctor, copy doctor, medical aid fund administrator or HMOs , as applicable) documented on the request form.
- I understand that once El-lab has handed my personal information to the third parties documented on the request form, that El-lab has no further control over this information and that El-lab will not be held accountable for the safeguarding of this information.
- I acknowledge that myself and any third party receiving specific information from El-lab also indemnifies El-lab against any claims that may be made by the third parties | members against El-lab resulting from the wrongful use or disclosure of the information by such third party.
- I understand that the third parties have confirmed to El-lab and | or its subsidiaries that they will treat my personal information as confidential and in line with the relevant legislation.
- I agree that by making this information available, El-Lab is not responsible for any loss (whether direct or indirect) that may arise from the use of this information and I am aware of the repercussions and responsibilities of consenting to the release of information.
- The consent on this document is valid from the date and time of my signature on this request form and will continue until such time as the consent is removed or changed.
- If the patient is a child (a person under 18 years of age), I as the parent| guardian | competent person will receive access to information and provide consent on the child's behalf.
- I understand that I may, at any time withdraw the consent for the processing of my personal information, in which case the personal information will no longer be processed by
- El-lab. The lawfulness of the processing of personal information before such withdrawal of consent will not be affected by such a withdrawal of consent.
- I hereby provide consent for the tests documented on the request form to be performed by El-lab.
- I agree that any tissues that are removed from my body may be examined and then disposed of by El-lab in line with the legal regulations.
- I do agree to settle all amounts due by me.
- I guarantee payment of amounts not covered by my HMO or amounts exceeding the estimated quotation provided.
- I have read and I understand the information I received about the test collection procedures and testing.
- I agree to the disclosure of the test results obtained by El-lab to the third parties documented on the request form (referring doctor, copy doctor, HMO or insurance company as applicable).
- I understand that the health care providers who supply me with care are not part of El-lab and El-lab will not be held liable for their actions or inactions.
- I agree that no guarantee or representation has been given by anyone as to the results that may be obtained.
- I acknowledge that most pathology tests require expert interpretation by a medical professional and that I may require additional testing to confirm positive results.
- I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to seek out this expert medical advice in case of test results that require it.
- El-lab accepts no liability for loss, whether direct, indirect and consequential, resulting due to the interpretation of results, delays in providing results or disclosing of inaccurate results, or due to harm or injuries that occurred in circumstances outside of El-lab reasonable control and responsibility.
- I hereby consent to receiving results which may have adverse psychological effects which may require counselling, consultation or discussions with the referring medical practitioner.
- If any part of the Terms & Conditions is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction not to be enforceable for any reason, this will not affect the validity of the other parts of the Terms & Conditions, which will continue to be in full force and effect.
- The failure of Lab to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. If any provision of the Terms and Conditions is found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, the parties nevertheless agree that the court should endeavor to give effect to the parties’ intentions as reflected in the provision, and the other provisions of the Terms and Conditions remain in full force and effect.
- The Lab reserves the right to review this terms and conditions at any time and your attention may be called to this.